OS3100 : Optical Strain Gage
The os3100 Optical Strain Gage is designed to make fiber handling easy and sensor installation fast and repeatable. Its stainless steel carrier holds the FBG in tension, using no epoxy, and protects the fiber during installation. For temperature compensation, the os3100 may be connected in series with an os4100 FBG Temperature Compensation Gage or an os4350 FBG Temperature Sensors.
Two mounting options provide for either weld or epoxy attachment to a structure’s surface. Installation time is just a few minutes with welded gages which can be used immediately after attachment. Epoxy gages typically cure in less than 24 hours at room temperature, similar to electronic foil strain gages.
In side-by-side comparisons with foil strain gages, the os3100 is equally sensitive and accurate, while providing for greater strain range and 100 times more fatigue life. The os3100 strain gage is qualified for use in harsh environments and delivers the many advantages inherent to fiber optic sensors.
- Fast, simple, repeatable installation with either weldable or epoxy mounted design
- Cable integrated with sensor package for fiber protection and strain relief
- Double-ended design supports multiplexing of many sensors on one fiber
- Included in ENLIGHT’s sensor templates – allows for quick and easy optical to mechanical conversions
- Strain sensitivity:
- ~ 1.4 pm/με
- Gage length:
- 22 mm
- Operating temperature range:
- -40 to 120 °C (150 °C short-term)
- Strain limits:
- ± 2,500 με
- Carrier material:
- 302 Strainless Steel