OS5500 : Long Range Displacement Gage
Based on FBG technology, the os5500 is specifically designed to measure displacement between two gage points on a specimen surface. The gage design is flexible enough to allow for easy attachment to various substrates, making measurements on metal, concrete and other surfaces straightforward. The FBG sensors that comprise the os5500 gage are located within the rugged hard-coat anodized aluminum enclosure which shields them from the elements and allows for installations in harsh environments.
This gage can be used alone or in series as a part of an FBG sensor array (which may include strain and temperature gages, accelerometers and other displacement gages). Cabling for such arrays is much less expensive and cumbersome than comparable electronic gage networks. Cables can be joined directly inside the enclosure, eliminating the need for separate junction boxes. The os5500 delivers the many advantages inherent to all FBG based sensors, including EMI immunity – something vibrating wire gages cannot offer.
With each gage, Luna provides a Sensor Information Sheet listing the gage factor and calibration coefficients needed to convert wavelength information into engineering units. The ENLIGHT Sensing Software provides a utility to calculate and then record, display and transmit data for large networks of sensors.
- Up to 450mm measurement range using a 1 mm stainless steel cable
- Rugged aluminum enclosure with IP65 rating; suitable for outdoor installations
- Internal protection of connectors/splices
- Double-ended design supports multiplexing of many gages on one fiber
- Fully temperature compensated over the entire operating range
- Fast response time, stable measurements, high resolution
- Measurement range:
- 150, 300 or 450 mm
- 0.02% F.S
- ± 0.05% F.S.
- Operating Temperature Range:
- -40 to 80 °C
- Environmental ingress:
- IP65 rating
- Hardcoat anodized aluminum