The basic system includes a T-Ray® 5000 Terahertz Controller, umbilical(s), a THz transceiver or, a THz transmitter and a THz receiver. The transmitter and receiver come standard with a
38mm diameter lens in an adjustable lens tube. The lenses are manufactured from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and are manufactured to an aspheric profile for high quality focusing
across a wide range of frequencies.
TeraMetrix has specifically designed these lenses for use with their fiber-coupled transmitter and receiver sensor heads. When mounted on the front of a transmitter, the lens will provide a
collimated or a focused beam. The “focal length” listed here is the distance from the lens surface to the beam waist.
Use relay lenses in conjunction with a collimating lens on the sensor head. Lens tubes that mount on the transmitter or receiver are available for 1.5”, and 3” lenses. The collinear adapter (AXA5001) and the integrated collinear transceiver (HXC50xn) are compatible with 1.5”diameter lenses.
- Low loss
- Simple alignment
- No tool required for installation
- Compatible with transmitter or receiver
- Compatible with collinear adapter
- Time domain reflection tomography
- Nondestructive materials inspection
- Package inspection
- Semiconductor wafer inspection
- Medical and biological imaging and research
- Homeland Security capabilities